ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
April 23, 2018, 11:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dave's Alex fan site http://www.alexandriasharpe.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Rare Piece  (Read 7881 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: April 30, 2011, 09:46:53 PM »

Here is a clip from an RTE review show of the 2005 production of "The Wiremen" at the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin. Alex starred as Kate Foley, the school teacher in a small town in Ireland. Set in the 1950's, the "wiremen" are the rough men who come to run electricity in rural Irish towns. They serve as a metaphor for the way that the urban life "electrified" the women and their sheltered lifestyles of the era.

Not too fancy a vid., nor does Alex sing in this scene. But so rare are they, just seeing her in theatre is a treat.
Thanks to our friend Henny for editing the clip out of the full video.

Enjoy!

Dave/AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRJfUoIB6io
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:10:59 PM by Apollomoon » Logged

JuanV
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »

Nice video! Even though Alex never said a word, it was still a nice treat just to see her move around the stage. I really got a huge kick out of it. Thanks for sharing Dave! Smiley
MrPeabody
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

Tack för en underbar kväll, Alex.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »

Thank you for that, Dave and Henny.  Cry

Mike

dutchfan
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 05:30:08 AM »

Awwww Cry.

We all know it's extremely rare to find new or old things of our Alex. Whe know it's out there but.....
So, we were fortunate to find this lovely piece. It's also shows that her graceful moving around the stage as we all could see in the time with Celtic Woman already has been there from the beginning.

The whole video include a interview with 3 theater critics and although they were not thrilled by the play (as critics usually do.. Wink) they did mention that Alex Sharpe was exelent in her role and performance

So, another piece of gold was added to the treasure chest of our Alex.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:53:20 AM by Apollomoon » Logged
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:56:31 AM »

Thank you for that, Dave and Henny.  Cry
A pleasure as always Mike.
Just watching Alex for a few moments is good for the soul.
In the words of one woman who interviewed her, "And cheekbones to die for"  Wink. Sure can see them in this clip.

moscapoet
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »

The cheekbone's connected to the smile bone!!!! Grin
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

rick
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »

Simply wonderful. I have never seen a play (except while in school) but I know I would love to see Alex on stage. A woman of many talents. Thank you Henny and Dave.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:15:53 AM by rick » Logged

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club    http://www.maireadfanclub.com/
quantummechanic
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »

I held off watching the clip til Alex's Birthday so I can imagine her dancing on her special day. Wonderful find! Thank you for sharing this precious piece, Dave & Henny!

Phil/QM
Iluvcelticwoman
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

You'll be in my heart always..

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »

Wasn't this the same Play Alex and Lisa Lambe were in together?

Iluvcelticwoman
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

You'll be in my heart always..

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »

Also great video again! Thank you!

dutchfan
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »

Correct Rachel,

Alex played the role of dreamer Kate Foley and Lisa in the role of  flighty Sarah  Wink

The characters:

Kate (Alex) is honour-bound to her family, living her life as the respected smalltown teacher, while secretly dreaming of pastures greener. While the youngest daughter Sarah (Lisa) is eager to embrace change, liberal in her thinking and not as tied to old ways as the others
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:35:46 PM by dutchfan » Logged
moscapoet
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 01:40:31 PM »

Correct Rachel,

Alex played the role of dreamer Kate Foley and Lisa in the role of  flighty Sarah  Wink

The characters:

Kate (Alex) is honour-bound to her family, living her life as the respected smalltown teacher, while secretly dreaming of pastures greener. While the youngest daughter Sarah (Lisa) is eager to embrace change, liberal in her thinking and not as tied to old ways as the others
Very cool, Henny. Thanks for that!
Dwight
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »

Hey  guy's and gal's if we persevere and reallly dig we are going to find these little nuggets of Alex. Cheesy If you remember  when Alex first became known to us there was virtually nothing about her anywhere. Now we have photos of past performances now this little bit of Video, this is just great. I keep thinking there is a real treasure out there. That was when Alex played Eponine with Les Mes. Someone is bound to have some achival video and or recordings of Alex when she was with them. In time with a lot of work and time on our side we are going to find some very interesting material on our favorite girl.  Wink

Dwight
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »

Believe me Dwight, I have spent the last year digging every where for the stuff I have found.
The stuff on Les Mis is non existent to the best of my knowledge. But I never quit looking.
Some of my info came from private sources as well. Not the internet. Some is still in my archives.
But you are correct if we just keep looking we will find stuff.
I think our best source will end up being a beautiful Irish woman with blue eyes that are beyond description.  Wink
Dave/AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines