ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
October 22, 2018, 08:10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dave's Alex fan site http://www.alexandriasharpe.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My first show with Alex  (Read 10926 times)
rick
Sharpie Fan

« on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »

My very first Celtic Woman show was in February of 2009 in Columbus. I have not seen Alex yet except through pictures and was really looking forward to see her and Lynn. I was in the front row off to the right just a bit and when Alex came out on the stage the first two things that caught my attention was her voice and the way she performed. Now I admit that I am not the best when it comes to words, but I knew at that moment that she has drawn me in.

For the remained of the night I waited impatiently for her to return to the stage. I could not get over how beautiful her voice is and how her eyes express so vividly what she is singing. I have never seen this before – ever! During the intermission I went out to see if she had a CD on the table. I found and bought Lynn’s CD but was also hoping she had one. (Well, I do not have long to wait for that now thank you Alex).

I did not have a meet and greet and was very upset that I did not. Later that same year I again saw them in Columbus. At this time I was already members on the forums and met other fans. This time I had a meet and greet. All I could think about was who would be at it. I wanted so much for Máiréad and Alex. I kept praying for these two ladies. When the show was over I heard that my dream came true. As I approached the table and stood before Alex, I was at a loss for a moment. Here I am standing before and talking to a gifted lady with such an angelic voice. Was I nervous? You bet I was. But after we started talking I felt so much at ease. She was so kind and sweet to me. I just wanted to stay and talk to her but I knew that others were waiting their turn.

I will never forget those wonderful memories that Alex has given me. Today I look back and cherish every moment. Even today I can still watch her on a DVD and tears come to my eyes. Why, because every time I watch a DVD, I still see her live on that stage. Memories she has given me will be with me forever.

Thank you Alex for such wonderful times.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club    http://www.maireadfanclub.com/
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »

That is great rick. I am even more jealous now  Smiley

kilarney06
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »

I was VERY lucky to see Alex from the first row (sadly she wasn't at the meet & greet) but as stated above her eyes are so expressive. She won me over before the end of her first song.

I really enjoyed her expressiveness and voice.
Thanks for coming to Ft. Myers Alex.
cwfan#1
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »

I've never had the chance to meet her but I saw her perform twice and both times she just blew me away. Her passion for singing is obvious through her facial expressions and energy.

There's no such thing as "too much Alex Sharpe"
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Very wonderful memories of Alex. Thanks for sharing.

Scuilly♥♥
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »

Nice memories...thanks for sharing!

Kelly~
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 02:46:10 PM »

I've never had the chance to meet her but I saw her perform twice and both times she just blew me away. Her passion for singing is obvious through her facial expressions and energy.
That was my experience as well. From the front pit seat only a few feet away from her for the entire show. I was just completely taken by her passion for her performance and her remarkable talent.

Ebby
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »

My first Celtic Woman show was last year in Salt Lake City, Utah.  This also happened to be Alex's last show.  I feel kind of honored to have my first show be Alex's last show.  I wish, though, I could have seen her more times live, but at least I have Salt Lake City.
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »

My first Celtic Woman show was last year in Salt Lake City, Utah.  This also happened to be Alex's last show.  I feel kind of honored to have my first show be Alex's last show.  I wish, though, I could have seen her more times live, but at least I have Salt Lake City.
Welcome Ebby!! So glad you could make it.
You were lucky to have seen Alex.
 I saw her just 2 times but she left an amazing impression on me. I guess that is kind of obvious  Smiley.

moscapoet
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:02:32 AM »

Nice story, Rick. Great follow ups too. My first show with Alex was Birmingham Alabama in 2008 but I was a bit distracted by a certain fiddler at the time. My first meeting with Alex was in Duluth later that tour. She was delightful.
Jennifer
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »

I never got  to see Alex with CW because I only found out about CW last year, and that's also when I found out there was going to be a show in MN... which I didn't go to Sad
Anderpaw
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 02:56:16 PM »

I first saw Alex in 2008 when she was "filling in" for Lisa while she was on leave with Ellie. I was impressed with her voice and her stage presence both then and again in 2009 when she came on full time replacing Orla. Then in 2010, she was at the second Meet & Greet that I attended, she blew me away. A very beautiful lady with a sweet and down to earth personality that really puts you at ease. She won my heart that night!
Iluvcelticwoman
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

You'll be in my heart always..

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »

i saw alex at all my shows never got to meet her but i felt connected to her on stage

Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »

i saw alex at all my shows never got to meet her but i felt connected to her on stage
It seems as she has that ability to connect with every one Rach.
I got the same feeling watching her.
Like I was the only person in the audience. Right?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:51:39 PM by Apollomoon » Logged

moscapoet
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »

Funny how Alex connected with so many yet was very sparing in her looks to any one individual each night. The connection seemed to come from her being so connected with the song she was singing and her ability to relay its essence so perfectly. Oh but when she DID shoot you a look, Wow, instant puddle. A little of that comes from stage experience but most of it is inborn. From first show to last, truly a treasure.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines