ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
October 22, 2018, 09:10:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum email address alexsharpeforum@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would like Alex back?  (Read 12562 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: October 28, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

Hello,

A little fun I thought would be nice.

As you may imagine, I get all kinds of email from fans wondering many things about Alex and her career. Many have far flung ideas or claims. I try to be courteous to all and still maintain the degree of privacy that Alex desires.

I was recently approached by a fan through Alex's fan site with an interesting  proposition.  This fan had the idea that if enough fans showed enough interest and were visible enough about their idea, it could work. I was, and still am doubtful, however I thought it would be a fun thing to kick around.

So here goes. The idea is that if we as fans rallied the call to CW ltd. that we would just love to have Alex back in the group that they would take notice. Kind of far fetched I know, but this would be the place to start such a movement. Stranger things have happened so don't just say "why bother".  

I already know all of the reasons why this would not happen, so no sense in going on about them. Please don't and thank you. However the fact of the matter is is that we are just fans, who in reality, no nothing about what CW or Alex or anyone for that matter has in their heads at any given time.

So if any of you out there can honestly say that (A) they do not want Alex to come back to entertain us as a Celtic Woman EVER again. Or if they (B) have recently sat down to tea with Alex and/or CW management and know that there is no chance for this, then speak up.

Otherwise  lets be positive and start a new movement to convince Alex and CW that we as fans would love to have her back.

Remember this is all in good fun, but......... Wink

Dave/AM
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:58:16 PM by Apollomoon » Logged

MrPeabody
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

Tack för en underbar kväll, Alex.

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »

Or if they ... have recently sat down to tea with Alex ...
Not entirely outside the realm of possibility...  Wink

Mike

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »

I definitively would not object. It would be great to have Alex back. I don't see why it couldn't happen if she so desired and CW wanted to invite her back.

dutchfan
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »

There's no question about it if i would like to see Alex back...

Personally i find althought the girls sounds like angels, don't get me wrong, there's is something missing in the harmony of the ensemble, i'm missing the deep and lower harmony's.The voice of Alex and also Lynn filled that harmony .it was rich, warm and complete.  So, that's my thought why i think Alex should be back.

I rest my case.
Scuilly♥♥
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »

I would love to hear Alex's voice back in the ensamble! She brought a really good mix to them! Not that they are not great now...it's just "missing" someone.  Grin

Kelly~
needleworklady
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »

Not saying that the ladies are not wonderful now, but I would love to see Alex singing again with CW. That is provided it is what she wants and what CW wants.
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »

Some nice thoughts here about Alex.

I know that only a few of us frequent this place on a regular basis. I also know that those of us who do, would love to see Alex perform once again.

After some more thought, I realized something. The most obvious, and probably the only way for most fans to ever see Alex again is for her return to the US. Not all of us can or would travel abroad to see anyone perform, even Alex.

So I think the first and easiest way for us to see her again would be with the Celtic Woman Group.

No, no ,no .. I already asked you not to go over all the negatives and  "why it cant's"  about this idea. I am well aware of them all thank you.

But CW is an organization that has become, over time,  much more in tune with the wants and desires of the fans. I have seen a change in the 2 years I have been involved. I think some or most would agree.

So lets  take this a little step further for now. Suppose we got a little petition of sorts together beginning in this forum.

I can just set up a survey. That would be easy.
Get our responses and if they were mostly  positive, send it off to CW.
It would be very simple. Just "As a fan, would you like to see Alex back in the group at some point? "

Just suppose CW said "well we might like to add back a 4th. Or in the event of a personnel change ( and we know they happen)  Alex would be a fine choice.

It is not meddling in Alex's affairs or in CW's either. Just a suggestion from fans as to what they would like to see in the future of the group.

Let me know by PM or post what you think.
Dave/AM
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:59:41 PM by Apollomoon » Logged

CelticWomanFan425
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »

I would absolutely LOVE for Alex to return to Celtic Woman! They do need another person with a lower voice in the group. But i cannot see Alex joining them again even for a short amount of time because it was HER decision to leave because she wanted to be with her family full time, so why would she go back to touring again? I just dont think it will ever happen. I cant even picture her doing a Solo tour in the U.S. for the same reason- the reason being she wants to be near her family in Ireland.
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 11:19:01 AM »

I would absolutely LOVE for Alex to return to Celtic Woman! They do need another person with a lower voice in the group. But i cannot see Alex joining them again even for a short amount of time because it was HER decision to leave because she wanted to be with her family full time, so why would she go back to touring again? I just dont think it will ever happen. I cant even picture her doing a Solo tour in the U.S. for the same reason- the reason being she wants to be near her family in Ireland.
All that matters is that you want her back. I am so glad you do. That is the point we are trying to get out in the open.
Remember we already know all the reasons why not.
Just that you are showing support is the important part  Great!! Thanks!
Dave/AM

Scuilly♥♥
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 08:17:24 AM »

I for one think it would be great to have Alex back with the group! I'm in on the survey!

Kelly~
Jennifer
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »

I'd love to see her back with CW!
rick
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »

I think it would be great.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club    http://www.maireadfanclub.com/
edtom
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 07:55:41 AM »

I agree with everything posted above. Four is great - five would be even better.
moscapoet
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »

I would not mind it as it would give all of us a better avenue to see and hear her again. However, I am the lone dissenter right now and voted no. I would much prefer she hook up with Denny Young as Orlagh has done and do a solo show. The Celtic Woman tours are long grinders, and not good for family life, or any life outside the group for that matter. In addition, none of the artists have ever released a solo CD while with CW, except for Lynn whose was already in the can when she signed. The precious seconds at expensive meet & greets are also far less than what you get at an Orlagh show and meeting. A solo show would also allow Alex to talk about the songs rather than simply perform them. Alex has been there and done that with CW as an instrument in her career. It helped her gain a solid fan following that continues to promote and support her. To return would not serve her career any further. So, that is my 2 cents worth. There is life beyond Celtic Woman, and other artists like Orlagh are showing the way in that. Regardless, Alex will have my support whatever she decides to do. Main thing is I'm sure I share with all of you the desire to see her perform again here in the states. 
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »

Seemed like nickel's worth Scott.  Wink
You won't be the only one to vote no. I am not going to vote at all.

I just put this up to get some thoughts about it and give folks a chance to weigh in. Good activity and Alex will see that we are all still thinking of her and are interested in her career.

It is working.

Thanks,
Dave/AM

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines