ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
December 19, 2018, 03:37:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Alex Sharpe Fan Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex will be starring in a new musical next year  (Read 8669 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: November 26, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »

Hi all,

Alex will tour around Ireland starting April 2012 with Peter Corry in the musical The Last Five Years...The story explores a five-year relationship between Jamie Wellerstein, a rising novelist, and Cathy Hyatt, a struggling actress. The show uses a form of storytelling in which Cathy's story is told in reverse chronological order (beginning the show at the end of the marriage), and Jamie's is told in chronological order (starting just after the couple have first met). The characters do not directly interact except for a wedding song in the middle as their timelines intersect.

Here is a link to the information about the story and show. Passports ready everyone?

http://www.mtishows.com/show_detail.asp?showid=000240

Dave/AM
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:24:19 PM by Apollomoon » Logged

Jennifer
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 04:51:45 PM »

That's amazing! I wish I could go... Hope everyone who manages to go has fun! Smiley
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »

That's great news.

moscapoet
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »

Cool! Starting in April, eh? After April I may be free on and off. Hmmm. Passport is ready, but the wallet is not! Sigh.
JuanV
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:37:58 PM »

Seems like Alex is going to be a busy girl next year. Too bad I can't afford to go see her.
Scuilly♥♥
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »

YAY! Go Alex!

Kelly~
quantummechanic
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »

I never thought I would say this about any show Alex would be in, but it would take an effort of will to attend this one. The plot sounds interesting, the execution sounds intriguing, but while I agree that tragedy has its place in theater, I would have a hard time watching this particular one; marriage is too precious (from the perspective of 25 years and counting)and watching one fore-doomed would be difficult - and Alex would make it too real, given her phenomenal acting ability. I'll have to see if its playing this summer and think on it.

Phil/QM
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:17 PM »

I never thought I would say this about any show Alex would be in, but it would take an effort of will to attend this one. The plot sounds interesting, the execution sounds intriguing, but while I agree that tragedy has its place in theater, I would have a hard time watching this particular one; marriage is too precious (from the perspective of 25 years and counting)and watching one fore-doomed would be difficult - and Alex would make it too real, given her phenomenal acting ability. I'll have to see if its playing this summer and think on it.

Phil/QM

I think there will be a tear to be shed in this one Phil.
With Alex's passionate delivery, I would bring my tissues.  Cry

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines