ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
January 23, 2018, 01:00:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum email address alexsharpeforum@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Cruise - Part 10 – Homeward bound  (Read 4226 times)
MrPeabody
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

Tack för en underbar kväll, Alex.

« on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »

I didn't have to get up quite as early this morning since my flight wasn't until 11:40 but my body clock had been trained so I was up anyway.  I had breakfast at the buffet on deck and watched the sun rise over Barcelona.  I took a few final pictures, got my luggage and headed for the gangway.  By 7:30 I was in a cab to the airport where I quickly checked in and breezed through security.  The airport provides 15 minute of free W-Fi so I used the time to post a picture of Alex and me on Facebook and the Alex forum and to make one final Tweet.

With 3 hours to kill I reflected on what an amazing week this had been.  The trip, of course, had started out as a rare opportunity to see Alex but became so much more.  I'd been to places I never thought I would and saw things that I never thought I would see.  Along the way I met some of the nicest people around, including the wonderful Evi.  It had been a long, tiring 10 days but was worth every minute of it.

I told Alex after her Wednesday night solo show that that hour alone was worth the entire price of the cruise, and I meant it, but what was originally just a bonus turned out to be so much more.  Actually standing in some of the places I stood, many over 2000 years old, and imagining what it must have been like provides a perspective that you just can't get reading about them or even seeing them on television.  Touristy though they may be, there is still a great and sometimes sad history there.

The places that I visited are but a few threads in the giant tapestry of European history.  The background stories provided by the various tour guides are separate yet interwoven.  In school, history was a necessary but boring subject to me.  Living close to Gettysburg made the battlefield a regular school field trip destination and I regret now spending so much of that time goofing around rather than learning.  As I got older, though, I became more interested in what came before, but primarily from a technological perspective than a human one.  A renewed interest has been kindled and a greater desire than ever to visit Ireland is building.  Before I go, though, I will school myself in advance in order to more greatly appreciate what I will see there.

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed living and writing it.  Let's see, Orla is performing in Holland this December.  And Evi lives in Holland.  Hmmmm.

Sunrise before disembarkation in Barcelona.

My chariot home.

Mike

Daniel
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »

Wonderful review Mike , a join to read . Thank you for sharing this with us,maybe you also have some more pics of Alex on and off stage to share???anyway thanks Mike and it's good and hard to see Henny's picture in you're signature...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:15:23 AM by Daniel » Logged
rugperson
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »

Mike, thank you for your epic review. You have given anyone who should read all of it their own trip as seen by your eyes. The pictures are great not to mention the ones of Alex just beautifull. What a journey you have taken and to think Dec is just arround the corner for another trip.
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »

Very nice Mike..thanks. No sense in me going on these jaunts. Just let you tell about them.
Great job.

I know Alex enjoyed herself as well, but would liked not to have had to work all week.  Good thing for you she did.  Smiley

BeckyW
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »

What a wonderful review.  Thank you.  A time to remember forever.   Smiley
quantummechanic
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »

Thanks, Mike. The next best thing to being there. Glad you had a great time.

I hope Alex got to relax at least a little bit.

And Ireland is well worth the trip, you shouldn't just catch a glimpse of the shoreline next time. Smiley

Thomas
Sharpie Fan

Live Long and Prosper

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »

Simply Fantastic Mike!

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful photo journal of your trip and time with Alex.

Thank you once again,

Tom
Wendy176
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »

Thank you Mike for the wonderful tour you gave me of your travels.  With your words and pictures I could almost see myself there.  I am so glad that you were able to see Alex and I am sure that you gave her all of our greetings as well.  Oh to have sat in for that one hour show.  You did not by any chance tape it did you  LOL   Thanks again
Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »

A little late in seeing your review but it was most worth it. It looks like you had an amazing time and am very jealous of you for all the places you got to visit. Italy is in the top 5 list of places I want to visit. I am sure Alex was very excited to see you made the trip to support her.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines