ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
September 25, 2018, 05:26:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Alex Sharpe Fan Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle of Hope  (Read 2787 times)
palmtreeguy
Sharpie Fan

« on: April 19, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

I love the song, listen to it from Songs from the Heart all the time. Unlike some people, I'm for immigration and I think the history of immigration to the US is very important. But I had a thought that I found interesting. I think there's more Irish over here than there is over there. Even makes me love the song more, and when Alex sings it makes my heart melt. Very special.
Beachloon
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »

I love that song too! It always ties me to my past. That song just touches the heart. Anything that Alex sings touches my heart anyway and I am always listening for her voice, when I hear any Celtic Woman music from Songs From The Heart. I also LOVE the wedding song she recorded and listen to it frequently. Yes, I think there are tons of us Irish over here in "the states". We may not have been born there in Ireland, but I know I certainly feel a tie to that isle!
palmtreeguy
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »

I was lucky enough to meet Alex after the Saturday night performance of Kurt Bestor's Christmas show, and I thought I was going to pass out. Now understand, I worked construction doing high work, now I work with the public every day, fix problems every day, so I'm not really afraid of much. I was scared to death, but it was wonderful to meet her. I don't know how she does that, and I'm not a young guy. I think she must be magic. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to melt when I listen to her sing, or talk.
  When I worked construction, all the rest of the guys were Irish. They worked hard and played hard (drinking) and really didn't live too long, but I became great friends with them. Never once did they ever mention anything about having awesome women in Ireland. If I see them in the next life, I'm going to bring this up. Maybe I can visit Ireland someday, that would be nice.
  I lost my brother to cancer last year and one of the things I decided was if there was something I wanted strongly to do, I was going to do it. When I saw Alex was going to be in Kurt Bestor's concert I told my wife I was going. She said, "If you really want to go, we'll make it your Christmas present" so went we. Had a wonderful time, it was snowing lightly, we walked around the new downtown mall in Slat Lake City. Stayed at the Radisson (half price on weekends) and flew there from Indianapolis on Frontier. The show was outstanding, and Jenny Oaks Baker was really something. It was a trip to remember and I ended up meeting Alex.
  Not bad for an old guy !
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »

Great to see some new members here and posting.

I was a new member once too!

Hoping to see a lot of you all and thanks for supporting Alex.

Dave
Apollomoon

CWFanForever
Sharpie Fan

Alex Sharpe!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »

Isle of Hope is a great song, it is really moving. Celtic Woman definitely sang that with much feeling.
Moscapoet
Sharpie Fan

I'm a Sharpie!

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »

It really was a blessing having her here last Christmas season. A couple of us had the great pleasure of traveling to Salt Lake City as well but not for the Kurt Bestor show. Instead we went to the show at a local middle school with the Timpanagos symphony. Tickets were VERY affordable, seating was open, and it was a very intimate show. Alex joined Jenny and there was also a kids choir in addition to the fine orchestra. After the show there was a free meet & greet with Alex and Jenny and it seemed everyone wanted to be there! I do hope Alex and Jenny will do that again as it was an wonderful night.
palmtreeguy
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »

Jenny Oaks Baker was amazing, and I think she's from Salt Lake City. They are really good together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines