ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
July 19, 2018, 01:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum email address alexsharpeforum@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please welcome our new Forum Administrator  (Read 8350 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: June 18, 2013, 07:16:39 PM »

Hello all,

So where to begin...hmmm. Okay I know that there may only be about 10 of you left that will view this message but I am expecting that will change to a great degree soon.

I appreciate the fact that any of you have hung around with hopes that someday this would once again be a vibrant and fun place to be. I also promised you at the beginning of the year that we were in for a great year. I think that is  soon to be upon us.

I figured the best way to get us rolling was to ask you to welcome our new administrator. Destiny and I can handle the load but it is always good to have a third admin.

I think most of you are familiar with her and might recognize her name even though she rarely if ever posts. Her forum name is Celtic Alex, but you might know her as Alex Sharpe.

So please welcome her warmly and look for more good things to come from our little slice of heaven here. There is an old saying that goes "Good things come to those who wait". For those of you who have waited good things are coming here soon.

Thanks again and lets get back to having some fun here with Alex.  Smiley

Dave
Apollomoon

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

Welcome Alex. We are very excited that you are wanting to become a part of this forum and interact with your fans.

MrPeabody
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

Tack för en underbar kväll, Alex.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »

What wonderful news to come home to this evening!  Welcome indeed, Alex, and thank you for welcoming us back into your life.  You have been missed.

Mike

Scuilly♥♥
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »

Wonderful news! Welcome Alex! Very excited that you have become part of this forum!

Kelly~
JuanV
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »

Welcome Alex! Smiley
Kat
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:22:48 AM »

yeah wellcome
BeckyW
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »

Smiley Smiley
CelticAlex
Administrator
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »

Well Hello Everyone! First of all a great big thank you to Dave for making this fantastic site!!!!
I have to be honest here guys, I tried to login last night and I realised I couldn't remember my Username or Password......shame on me!!! :-(
So Dave filled me in on those two important words and now I've just spent about an hour trying to figure out how to post a message, I don't even know if this is going to work so fingers crossed everyone! :-)

I am so sorry I have been MIA on here, I had fully intended to be active on here and really wanted to be able to interact and share any information with you that you can't find anywhere else.
But life sometimes gets extremely busy and some things get pushed down on the list.

I have read through some of the post again and as before I have been so touched and humbled by your generous and loving words towards me, it really feels like you're talking about a woman I don't know, you guys make me sound like a Super Hero!!!!!!
I assure you I am the same as you guys and at the end of the day we are just trying to be better people and help our brothers and sisters around us get through life with a smile on our face and to make the most of our journey!
So again thank you,thank you, thank you for being so supportive of me while I was in Celtic Woman and in the time since I have left the group.

It would take a long time to fill you in on all that's happened in my personal and professional life since my last show with Celtic Woman at SLC in 2010, it is great to see they are still going strong and to see Lisa Lambe and Susan McFadden as part of the group.
I worked with Lisa on The Wiremen and she is and was back then an incredible talent and many of you probably don't know this but Susan and I shared the stage many years ago in my first professional role as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz... She was one of the munchkins and was part of that little threesome called the Lullaby League, she was adorable and has gone on to earn her place as magnificent performer in Ireland and London's West end.

So lets take you into the present for a moment, it's a beautiful sunny day here in Dublin which for any of you who have been here is no small feat! and I have had 2 jam filled donuts which I shouldn't have eaten but they just taste soooooooo good.
I have a terrible weakness for sweet things, I blame my Mom for my sweet tooth, she quite often will eat dessert before dinner, I'm not that bad!!! I do have some discipline.
Jacob is almost out of school for the summer and we are excited because we are spending our summer in your fabulous homeland which at this stage really feels like a second home to me, with so many loved friends who live there and great memories
Of touring the U.S it's hard not to feel drawn to it.
We have a great trip planned and I hope to be able to post plenty of pictures of our escapades.
Work is quite for the summer so it's a perfect time to bid adieu to rainy Ireland and get my boy off his computer  Angry and get him out hiking and swimming and road tripping!!!!
Ok it's almost time to pick him up from school, later I will try and respond to posts and questions.
Once again THANK YOU with all my heart for your belief in me, I don't know if many of you got a chance to listen to the song I posted on Sound Cloud, and I am not sure if there free download has expired if so I shall renew it, but I dedicated it to all of you for believing in me....it's called The Wedding Song Alex Sharpe,but don't let that distract you from the message that's in it for you guys.

Ok gotta run....until later  Wink
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 09:14:02 AM »

You did great Alex!!!  Kind of like an opening night perhaps? Well maybe not that special for you, but I know it is for all members here.

Thanks for sharing with us and I know I speak for all when I say we are very excited about having you involved here.

Thank you also for your kind words about the site....it is appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:25:46 PM by Apollomoon » Logged

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »

Thank you Alex. I know how life can get in the way sometimes and some things have to be pushed aside. Even after being on the down low for so long you still have fans out there and they are waiting patiently... well, maybe not patiently, but waiting for you to become active again with your music and your presence in the music world.

I hope you don't feel too overwhelmed with this new experience on the forum and have a lot of fun.

Destiny

Moscapoet
Sharpie Fan

I'm a Sharpie!

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »

First of all, thank you, Alex, for the kind willingness to engage your fans and be part of this community. It is a place built for and about you and I know Dave has your best interests at heart here and has from the start. He is certainly a huge fan and I made sure to include that in the fan documentary we filmed in Atlanta in 2011 at the CW DVD recording. Henny's story was included in that as well. Having you here is a huge step for you and for the community here and it is so very appreciated.

Secondly, thanks for keeping us up to date on the goings on and those nice tidbits in your post. Yes, Lisa and Susan are fine additions and perfectly suited in the long stream of great artists that have graced the stage for them. So many of us have such fond memories of you while with them and especially what I and others consider a signature song for you, My Heart Was Home Again. Some of us have been blessed with your performances since then in places like Sweden, the Mediterranean, and in Utah. I for one feel very blessed with that fine night in Utah and the meeting after last December. You and Jenny Oaks Baker make a great team and it was so worth the time and travel to get there.

So, welcome to the place built in your honor, run and populated with folks you have touched and inspired. God's blessings on your travels, and we look forward to you popping in now and then. We'll try to behave ourselves  Roll Eyes but I'm sure Dave will keep us in line!  Wink
SandyB
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »

How lovely to see you here Alex. I have missed you so much, but have followed some of the things you have been doing. You are a sweetie and I look forward to your posts, no matter how many or how few you are able to do! Have a wonderful trip to the US and enjoy your time with Jacob! Good Luck getting him off his computer!  LOL. I have teenagers here. Love you and can't wait to hear what's next!
SarahBurkefan!
Sharpie Fan

I'll miss you terribly this spring Sarah!Good luck

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 03:14:19 PM »

Welcome Alex!!
This news was so exciting for me, especially after all I've been going through.  It feels like a sign that things are going to be okay.

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us on what's been happening, and I'm super excited to become an active member of this forum again! Smiley

Thank you so much Evi!!  Good luck Sarah Burke!!  I love you!! <3 <3
Beachloon
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »

Hello Alex and welcome to your forum! Hello to the rest of you as well! I have been following this forum for quite awhile and didn't realize I had never subscribed to it! So, now I am officially a member Grin  My name is Karen aka beachloon and I live on the Oregon Coast, which weather-wise, is ALOT like Ireland! I have never had the pleasure of meeting you in person, Alex, but I'm so glad to be a part of this forum. So delighted and thankful to find there is an Alex Sharpe in this world!
Daniel
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 04:05:15 PM »

Euh...right....Sorry, bit lost for words but....Welcome Alex.

It's true...those who are patient get all the goodies Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines