ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
November 13, 2018, 07:29:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dave's Alex fan site http://www.alexandriasharpe.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wandering the forum hallways with Alex  (Read 7567 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »

I put this post here, because it  seemed to fit no where else.

As I so often do, I was just wandering around looking at posts and stuff.  

I come here sometimes and can actually feel that there is a wonderful aura here. I suppose you have to be ready to accept that feeling in order to have it. If you are here alone sometimes, I think you can. It is such quiet and peaceful a place to be when there is no activity. A respite of sorts. A place to gather thoughts and dream of the day when we may get that chance to see Alex perform in person again.

Sort of like returning to the high school on an evening for a school event such as a play or concert. Most of us have had that experience. It is quiet in the hallways, but you can still feel the life  in the air as your mind brings memories to life. I get that same feeling here often.

Today as I wandered, I  came once again to the realization that there is indeed a very wonderful and magical experience to be had here. I let my mind wander (have to be careful it sometimes does not come back) as I read some of the posts and looked at the graphics and thought of the stories and feelings behind the comments or artwork.

People that I have met personally, or gotten to know well through this forum,  have opened their minds and hearts here to express their feelings. I find it quite remarkable really. I see no silliness, no games. I see very honest and heartfelt comments and such beautiful creations to look at endlessly. Each individual has left a footprint on this beach for others to see. Just enjoyment and pleasure at its finest.

The reason for it all is what never ceases to amaze me. Two words. Alexandria Sharpe. No other reason to be here is there?
In a very brief time, this incredibly talented young woman swept us away with her on a wonderful journey. Those of us that had the good fortune to be near her, even for the short time afforded, were changed by her forever.

Her offer of involvement still stands at the ready when she is. Even if she can not be here, it is as though she left us with knowledge of that presence intentionally.  I hope you all can feel it when you visit. It is here to welcome and guide you. To take your hand and show you the posts and graphics created by those that Alex knows are her very best fans.

Try to make a point of coming here alone sometimes.  Allow yourself to wander the  hallways here and I hope the memories of the concerts and music  Alex has shared  will bring a flood of emotion to you as well.  If you listen carefully, I'll bet you can hear her voice around each corner you approach. That sweet sound she has given us will last forever, as long as we come hear to remember and listen in the quiet hallways of this very magical place.

Oh dear...
Dave/AM

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:57:52 AM by Apollomoon » Logged

JuanV
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11:14 PM »

Thanks for the advice and for your thoughts Dave. What you said here really got me thinking how great this forum really is. I will make a point of looking through the halls of this wonderful place when alone and perhaps experience what you described here. Smiley
quantummechanic
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »

I take in all the pictures, and all the great artwork, and I marvel at how much Alex has touched everyone to inspire people to attempt to capture those emotions.

Phil/QM
moscapoet
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »

Thanks, Dave. I have done that as well over in a certain fiddler's forum. When I was moving things into archive and shuffling things around I read a lot of wonderful posts. Jogged a lot of memories. It is fun to look back and also look forward. Certainly Alex has and will do a bit of that herself. She certainly has no shortage of wonderful things to read and view here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines