ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
December 19, 2018, 03:30:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum email address alexsharpeforum@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Always impressed  (Read 2262 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »

I was just poking through some old videos of Alex and no matter how many times I see them I am always so impressed with her presentation.

I watched some bootlegs of "My Heart Was Home Again" and of course I think most of you will agree what a terrible shame it was that that was not included in SFTH.
I remember seeing her perform that song from about 8 feet away which was the second time I had seen CW perform. I was so so impressed with her ability to make each and every audience member feel as if she was singing directly to them.

So go find some old YouTube vids of Alex and take a little trip back to what I still feel is the best CW ever was.

Just some thoughts  Smiley

Daniel
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »

totaly agreed...the what they called the ''Golden Age''..not only because of Alex but also Lynn, Lisa and Chloé... that assemble was the best ever.
palmtreeguy
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »

Magic.
  If you listen to Alex's performances you can hear her amazing harmonies with Celtic Woman, or her soothing voice performing with the other ladies, or alone. But while she may consider herself a theater performer, I think her voice has just gotten better with time. I challenge anyone to produce a better version of "Beauty and the Beast", and the Christmas music with Jenny Oaks Baker is incredible. When she sings, I melt.
  She does something else I've never seen. She makes an unbelievable connection with the audience. And for any of you who think she doesn't do that anymore, rest assured she can still do it. She was right on target in Salt Lake City, and the crowd loved it. I've thought about how she does that, and I've come to the conclusion she really cares about her fans. As for her singing, I love her singing softly and I wish I could hear more of that, but she can also really turn it up when she wants to.
  I suppose she's a little old school, in that she can do it all (I've heard she's a great dancer too). With her history performing, I doubt anything is out of her reach, I just wish I could see and hear her perform her own show. I would be in paradise if she would sing to us for a few hours.
  To me, Alex is a beautiful and kind merrow who hid her own cohuleen druith so that she could stay with us, and sing her siren songs to those of us that believe in her.
  And believe in her we do !
Moscapoet
Sharpie Fan

I'm a Sharpie!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »

It is always a treat to see and hear Alex, whether in person, on video, or in audio. I listen to the Jenny Oaks Baker CD all the time just to get the latest from Alex. Yep, always impressed here too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines