ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
October 18, 2018, 03:19:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Twitter page. http://www.twitter.com/AlexSharpeForum

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Alex Story: Chapter 2  (Read 3648 times)
Firetow17
Sharpie Fan

« on: March 09, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »

My Alex Story Chapter 2

A few days after meeting Alex and Jenny, I received my copy of Noel: Carols of Christmas Past in the mail, and loved it.  Two weeks later, I got Jenny’s “O Holy Night” cd and eight more copies of “Noel” to give to my family for Christmas. I also wrote a rather long and detailed letter to Jenny (something I have never done before) to say Thank-You and to tell her how much I loved her music.  I received a very nice response a few days later.

By March, I figured it was time to put the Christmas music away, and I had finally chosen which of Jenny’s CD's I wanted next. It was called “Then Sings My Soul”. Everything changed when I got this CD. It was so incredible, so moving, so healing. I had never heard anyone with the ability to make an instrument speak like that. I couldn’t take it anymore, I had to share this, so I started getting extra copies and giving them to family and friends. But that wasn’t enough. How could I share this incredible artist with as many people as possible? Then I had an idea, why don’t I ask my church if I could invite her to come and play at the church. So, I talked to the person at the church in charge of such things and gave him a copy of her CD. He loved the idea and said that should fit right in with some things we want to do for next summer and there is money in the budget for something like this.

So, what does all this talk about Jenny and her music have to do with Alex? Don’t worry I am getting to that.

I wrote a note to Jenny to let her know I was coming to see her Disney show at the DC Visitors Center on June 8, and that I had an important question to ask her. She wrote back and said she would have time to chat after the second show.  After the show as I waited for my turn, my stomach was in knots and my hands were shaking so bad I could hardly write my own name on the business card I had for her. I don’t know why I was so nervous. I wasn’t that nervous when I met Alex. My turn came and after exchanging greetings, she said “You have a question for me?” I said “Yes, Sharing your music has been very important to me and I was wondering if you would come and share your gift at my church, possibly next summer?” She said she would love to do it, so I gave her the business card of the person at the church so she could contact him about the details.

I was not prepared for her next statement. “Alex will be in town for Christmas again this year and we would be available to come and do a Christmas show at your church”. What?! I think I managed to say something like “Are you kidding?” Well, I had heard her correctly, but I don’t get to make those decisions. I don’t remember much after that. You know, it’s not every day you get to ask a Grammy nominated, No. 1 Billboard artist if they can come and play at your church, and not only have her say she would love to do it, but can she bring your favorite Celtic Woman in the whole wide world along too. So yes, it was a pretty good day.

I took this incredible new information back to the person at the church and the response was: “Well, we’re already looking into doing something with an orchestra for Christmas, so that could fit right in”.  And so, the agonizing wait began. Would the schedules work, would we be able to afford not one, but two internationally known artists?

It was about this time that Alex announced she would be coming here for vacation and had posted a message on her public FB page about needing a car, so I wrote her a note with a few suggestions and also told her about this little project that Jenny and I were working on. I got a reply a few days later saying that she would love to be involved and to keep her updated.

It was about a month and a half later when I finally got the news that the Christmas show was not going to happen. Apparently my church wanted to do their Christmas program on the same day that Alex and Jenny would be at the DC Visitors Center.

This is a dream that I didn’t know that I could have, and I am not ready to give up on it just yet. The person at the church is still interested in making it happen at some point, whether it be Alex and Jenny, or just Alex (she does do solo shows).

The good news is that Jenny is coming to do a show on March 15. If anyone is in the south central PA region (near Harrisburg), and is interested, send me a PM for the details.  The other good news is, I still got to see Alex and Jenny at Christmas. Details of that are in my post titled “My Weekend with Alex and Jenny”. I know this post is a little out of order, but I wrote most of it back last summer before I knew the outcome, and I couldn’t post it before it was made public that Alex was coming back.

Stay tuned for Chapter 3.
Moscapoet
Sharpie Fan

I'm a Sharpie!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »

Wow. The idea that Alex and Jenny were open to doing a performance at your church is wonderful! Too bad it didn't work out but maybe this year?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines