ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
April 25, 2018, 08:00:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum email address alexsharpeforum@gmail.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Direction For Alex and For Her New Forum  (Read 1567 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: January 08, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »

A message to all members,

As I explained while introducing this new forum, there were several reasons to believe it was needed. First the existing forum had been down for an extended period with no word on its fate. It served us well throughout Alex’s time with Celtic Woman there is no debating that fact.

Many of you that have been around for some time know that I was one, if not the, biggest supporter of the forum. I was number two in posting behind Moscapoet. More importantly, you know how hard I worked to keep the ball rolling after Alex departed CW.  Unfortunately the activity fell to a bare minimum in recent times.

When it collapsed, I along with many of you, felt I had lost touch with Alex and with so many of her avid supporters. I know this because many of you sent me PM’s inquiring as to its status. I was (am) a moderator in the forum. Since I built her fan site I think you looked to me for answers to some degree. I apologize that I could not give those answers to you. I was in the dark myself and could find no answers.

So it was decided to revitalize support for Alex with the introduction of a new forum. We felt that this new forum would follow a new path much as Alex has done.  We made boards that are pertinent to her current and future work. We decided to use Facebook and Twitter as tools of the forum to promote not only it, but Alex. She is now active on both of these mediums. Also putting a direct link to http://www.alexandriasharpe.com was an integral part of the package.

We developed a board for remembering Alex’s time with Celtic Woman. This is how most of us came to know her and is it is very important to keep these memories alive for all of us. Remember though, that CW was only  a little more than 10% of Alex’s remarkable body of work.
We are hoping that some of you put on your detective hats and try to dig up information on Alex before that period as it was the bulk of her career. I know from experience that it is not easy to find such info, but it is out there.
We hope you will support us in moving forward with Alex.  We will keep you apprised of any activity she may have and would hope if you find out anything you will keep us informed as well.

I mentioned to Alex that people from nearly 40 countries have visited  her fan site. I think she was very surprised by this news and commented that she felt  humbled by the outpouring of support and love for her.  She stated that she hoped to be able to return some of that love in the  future.

This is the place to show her that we are serious about supporting her.
We are so glad to see so many familiar faces have already joined us. We hope to see many more, both new and old continuing  to join.

On behalf of the management team of Destiny (administrator),  Rick (global moderator)  and myself, I would like to thank you for supporting the amazing Alexandria Sharpe and this wonderful new forum.

Kindest regards,
Dave/Apollomoon
Forum Administrator

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:35:02 PM by Celtic Fiddle Chick » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines