ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
September 26, 2018, 10:47:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dave's Alex fan site http://www.alexandriasharpe.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex back to CW  (Read 3739 times)
Daniel
Sharpie Fan

« on: March 23, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »

What a wonderful news...Alex back on tour with Celtic Woman. For nearly two months she will be filling in for Mairead C and for Lynn, this ofcourse because of the 10th Anniversary of CW bust still....
ever realize she's the only CW girl who will filling in for TWO members?Huh What a task and on such short notice...
Great to have you Back Alex, lots of fun en enjoy the ride.
steveyoung
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »

Thanks for posting, Daniel. Alex is not letting any grass grow under her feet this summer. Besides her CW tour, there are a few other events brewing which she will announce soon.

Alex has a big heart. She currently has an overwhelming amount of music to learn. Yet she still finds opportunities to reach out and help individual fans. She is also a class act in how she treats her fellow performers. Although these things about her are often not publicly known, I believe that this is one of the reasons that her music reaches us--it has to do with her character and who she is.

We are looking forward to this year, which will be higher profile and higher visibility for her :-)
Moscapoet
Sharpie Fan

I'm a Sharpie!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

I am so thrilled by this!! It will be wonderful to hear and see her live on stage again. All my shows with CW this tour will have Alex in them and my sole M & G will have her there too.  Cool I'm ready to be Alexified!
BigDave
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but this is the happiest news I've heard all year!  Too bad I don't have a M&G for my show.  I guess I'll just have to cheer loudly so she knows I'm there. Smiley
steveyoung
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »

I will get to see Alex in Salt Lake City on June 10, and we'll get to visit with her. Seeing her perform with CW will be a bit scary for me!!

Two years ago I made my first timid post on this forum as a brand new Alex Sharpe fan. Because of this forum, and in what has become the most surreal turn of events in my life, I will be co-producing and performing a concert with Alex in August in Logan, Utah. I am an eye surgeon, not a professional musician!! I have been having the amazing experience of practicing piano and organ music, knowing that I will be performing it with her! I've had to play along with her album, finding subtle ways to enhance the accompaniment to make her look and sound as great as possible.  I have arranged a piece for organ, voice, and 2 choirs which Alex will debut, and which she says will raise the roof of the building. To me what is happening is that I am being blessed with what could be called the ultimate experience for an Alex Sharpe fan. Someday I'll tell the story more completely on this forum.

Seeing CW is scary because their production and musicianship sets a very high bar, which I am very aware of! Our fellow performers here in Logan are magnificent, which is comforting to me.

I feel, as does my wife, that this is too surreal to be a coincidence. Alex is humble and wants to do this as a gift to our community which treated her so well in 2012. The more I have gotten to know her, which is quite a bit at this point, the more I see that she is the real deal both musically and as the great person she is.  I believe that with this unbelievable privilege that has come my way comes the responsibiity to unselfishly make this as exciting, moving and uplifting as possible for the audience.

Somebody said that if your dreams don't scare you they're not big enough. Trust me, mine are now big enough!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:32:02 PM by steveyoung » Logged
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:19:11 PM »

It is strange to think of Alex back with CW after so much time. Quite a surprise actually. It seemed like something that she would not be interested in ever again, but sure is good news for all of her fans.

Of course if any of you see her perform (might be a couple  Wink ) please share your thoughts with us here about her shows. Formal review or just a thought or two would be fine.

I will be seeing her in June at Proctors Theater which is the place I found out she existed. Worked for me  Shocked.

Maybe she will have time to drop by here once the tour settles in.

Moscapoet
Sharpie Fan

I'm a Sharpie!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 12:52:41 PM »

BigDave, so glad you'll be getting to see and hear Alex again. I know she has always been your favorite. Monn, I'm among some fans that never thought any of the girls would come back even briefly. Glad I was wrong!  Wink

Steve, what an amazing thing for you! God willing I'll make the trip to Logan for both shows. Money is tight but this is special. Dreams do come true. My dream has always been that one CW lass or another would perform my songs or use my lyrics. That has never happened but one cannot give up the dream. I keep writing as The Lord and his Celtic instruments have inspired me to do. Have a great time getting ready and on stage. We'll all be cheering for you too!

My first CW show of this tour is in Phoenix. So, I'll put up a review here with an Alex focus. I'm looking forward to hearing her again and glad she will be at my one meeting for the tour.
steveyoung
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:12 PM »

Thanks, Moscapoet! I'll need whatever encouragement I can get!
The Logan concerts are free and my biggest concern is that people will be turned away as the facility will only hold 1500 each night. I'm telling people to come an hour early. I'm hoping not too many get turned away, or that the fire marshall isn't in the audience!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines