ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
December 17, 2017, 03:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dave's Alex fan site http://www.alexandriasharpe.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex in FIND YOUR WAY HOME  (Read 565 times)
quantummechanic
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« on: March 28, 2017, 11:00:59 PM »

If you hadn't heard ( and I hope you all have), Alex was in Albany, New York on Sunday, March 26th for the screening of the first act of a play sheis/will be in. The play is FIND YOUR WAY HOME. The first act is set in Ireland circa 1910, about the joys and sorrows in a small town hit by economic hardship. Alex has the female lead ("Tess") and does a marvelous job. Play and music were more than 8 years in the making by two talented guys from Albany - Jimmy Kelly and Jeff Strange - wrote the play and scored the music. They got enough funding to have a company in Ireland put it on and get it filmed (in six days!). The first act was screened in Albany at a first-class event to raise support for bringing the play here, putting it on, and - hopefully - heading to Broadway. There was a meet the creators and performers at a reception before hand ... AND I FINALLY GOT TO MEET ALEX! That was a marvelous experience. Picture of my wife and I and Alex is on FaceBook (I just have to figure out how to get it over). In the run up to the screening, Alex sang three songs, all fantastic. She was a bit down because it was her son's birthday, and that day was Mother's Day in Ireland. The screening had a few technical glitches, and you could tell that it was a work in the rough ... but a diamond in the rough. The standing ovation was spontaneous and heartfelt. I doubt that there was anyone in the theater who wouldn't want to see Act 2. They are looking for support and will be posting details. Keep an eye open and support Alex and her friends.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:28:05 PM by quantummechanic » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines