ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
April 25, 2018, 11:49:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Twitter page. http://www.twitter.com/AlexSharpeForum

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Memories go on and on ...  (Read 4873 times)
rick
Sharpie Fan

« on: February 12, 2011, 02:14:58 PM »

The other night I was listening to the 2010 tour diaries and they just got to me. At this moment I am listening to Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears and the song just touches my inner soul. But before this I was listening to You'll Be In My Heart. I felt like it was just yesterday when Alex announced that she will be moving on. I am a dedicated Máiréad and Alex fan and I know that will never change. But the difference between these two wonderful ladies is that Máiréad is still here and I know that she will be at my next show. But with Alex I am still overwhelmed with a lose that penetrates my soul when I listen to her sing. I remember all those wonderful memories that she has given me. Yes, the tears still flow today and I do not expect that to stop.

Memories touch each of us differently. Some are good and then there are those that create a flow of goose bumps that just ride up and down our bodies because they have such a deep impact on us. These are the memories I have of Alex. As I mentioned in another thread, I still remember clearly that very first show when I saw her walk out on stage. I thought to myself that she has something different that no other artist has. I just kept listening to her voice and quickly realized that her words are also heard through her facial expressions. She just blew me away.

I know I am not the richest person around but I do know one thing for sure. When Alex does make the decision to return to the stage, I will be there. I do not care if it is in the U.S., Ireland or any other country, I will sacrifice my needs so I can once again sit before her and listen to her angelic voice.

My memories of Alex go on and on …   Thank you Alex!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:16:47 AM by rick » Logged

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club    http://www.maireadfanclub.com/
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »

Not much left to say Rick.  Cry
I agree on all points as I am sure you know.
Dave

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

I will have to agree with Dave. Wonderful memories.

needleworklady
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:08:13 PM »

Count me in too, Rick. Well said.
moscapoet
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »

Rick, each of the artists that have been or are part of this ensemble have struck a chord in so many people. Certainly Alex has a presence like no other. Perhaps it was best that they did not attempt to replace her with another person. The others have taken up the slack as best they can and they are marvelous in their own right. Alex, like Meav, Orlagh, and others before her built a following unique to her and no question when she is ready at least a few familiar faces will be there to enjoy it.
Scuilly♥♥
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »

Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

Kelly~
rick
Sharpie Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »

Alex,

Though there are times when we are silent here, we still think of you each and every day. Your best is always in our prayers. God bless you, your family and your friends.

It has been almost a year now since you made the decision to move onto other things. But one thing for sure, it is still just like yesterday when I saw you on that stage. You are truly missed!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:08:36 PM by rick » Logged

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club    http://www.maireadfanclub.com/
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »

That certainly is the case with many of us Rick. Thanks.

quantummechanic
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »

I think it was Leo Buscaglia (sp?) who said that when all is said and done, all you have to take with you are your memories. Certainly for everyone on the Forum the memories of Alex's performances will be among the most dear ... Rick just put it into words far better than I could hope to.  Smiley Smiley Smiley  For Alex's next performance, we'll have to see about getting the Forum a group discount on tickets; we could probably fill the first five rows of any theater without a problem.
QM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines