ALEX SHARPE FAN FORUM
July 21, 2018, 03:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum email address alexsharpeforum@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just reflecting a little  (Read 10214 times)
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« on: March 07, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »

I was just doing some work on the fan site. I try to make changes or additions as often as I have things to add.  This time I was adding in a poem or two.
But I got side tracked watching the tour diaries.
After an hour or so I really did not get my work done, but oh well next time.   Undecided
I think this I  love this one the most.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB59--5CB5g&feature=related
CW did a great job putting the "Lost Rose" in the background and making it very touching.
Of course it was Alex's farewell message to us which is so sad to watch. Little did we know that for most of us, it would be the last time we would see her for such a long time.  Cry
I wonder sometimes if it was hard for her to do that little scene knowing she would be leaving soon after. She did seem a little pained while she was talking about getting back home.
Oh dear.
Dave/AM

MrPeabody
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

Tack för en underbar kväll, Alex.

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:28:37 PM »

"Looking forward to getting home to my boys."  Cry  Such sweet final words.

Mike

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:10:27 AM »

Ah yes, I remember that video. Getting a bit  Cry just reading your post. I miss you Alex.

dutchfan
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:20:51 AM »

I also believe she was a little pained (between the lines) making this announcement .... she's not only want's to go to her boys witch she's deserved so much but also cares about her fans. If you look closely to her mimic when she say's ''to my boy's''..as if she was trying to say..''i'm sorry to leave you all.
Never thought this wonderfull woman would be so important to me and get me back on my feet again from a very, very dark episode and gave me hope to go on, and brought me so much wonderfull friends as you all are. Cry

Thank you Alex
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:35:29 AM by dutchfan » Logged
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »

So of course after reading your comments I had to watch it a few more times.  Cry  Cry  Cry.
How about the liitle ballon at the end.. "Goodbye Alex, We will all miss you."
Oh my.

dutchfan
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »

Come on Dave...stop it, you make me cry to..and i have not even met her or seen her.
How about a ballon with ''Welcome back Alex''...cause she is...back with us
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:00:18 PM by dutchfan » Logged
moscapoet
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »

This thread is getting rather damp.  Cry While on my break from being online I composed a poem that had been weaving its way through my rather muddled head. It found its way out on to paper. A reflection is both a look back and a look at yourself in something that shines back at you. When I look back Alex is shining back at me. She does so in her powerful yet all too brief glances, her commanding presence, and in her song. In song we are able to reflect upon our own lives as it brings up a well of emotions from a very deep pool. Such was the pool that she tapped in the poem I wrote as I listened to a certain song that has such enormous impact on so many of us. Thank you, Alex.
dutchfan
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 09:25:22 PM »

Now it's realy damp....wow
Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »

Sorry to cause so much  Cry, but you all know how I can ramble on about Alexandria.  Wink

Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »

Last post in this thread was March 14. Today is July 2.

I just was watching the tour vids from 2010 again.

I wonder if I am the only one who misses Alex and Lynn so much in the group. They were so wonderful as a pair. Not only did they add their talent and beauty, they just had such a delightful way of interacting with each other.

I think CW made a big mistake in not providing more behind the scenes vids from this spring's tour. It really helped fans to feel a connection to the players during their daily routines.
Even though the girls are busy on it, Twitter will never replace that intimate look offered by those vids for me.
Dave/AM

dutchfan
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 08:36:56 AM »

You know ye not alone in this Dave....

For me too the so called ''Golden Age" is true in every word.
I became to know Alex and Lynn with the dvd SFTH, and what i found very disturbing is the fact that ''Caroline Rua'' as well ''You'll Be In My Heart'' were not to be found on the dvd.

Alex's "You'll be in my Heart" is a very strange exclusion from a DVD entitled "Songs From the Heart." On top of that obvious observation, the speculation can only be fed by the fact that "You'll be in my Heart" is probably the best performance in the entire concert. I am by no means unhappy about buying the DVD, but I had to resort to YouTube's stuttering recording of Alex's "You'll be in my Heart" to more fully absorb the on-stage magic of Alex. Her unique facial expressions, her sideways glances, her unforced smiles, her enchanting eyes, were captivating, seducing and generally a big uplift. If given the chance, this would have been her DVD. To say that she is "charming" would be a tremendous understatement.

Celtic Fiddle Chick
Creative Genius
Administrator
Ohhh.. I'm so hot, Brrr

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 09:44:13 AM »

I don't really have much more to say because you both said it pretty like it is.

Apollomoon
Administrator
Alex is in My Heart

Simply Stunning

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »

Henny,
It is my understanding there were contractual issues with those two songs being on the DVD.
You are correct in my opinion they were both absolute gems and most certainly should have been on the disc.

Alex's YBIMH was really the only number presented that brought us Alex as she was when you saw her live.
My only other choice would be Non Ce Piu. We got to see some of the real Alex in that one as well. Her passion for her work was well displayed there.
Dave/AM

dutchfan
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

Awww...Non Ce Piu, now that's a real tear bringer...and again the stage presence of Alex in that song is realy seducing, she talks with het facial expressions and eyes that let you feel the content of that song.

Now i don't wanna be hard but Lisa and Chloe  are such polished veterans that they exude a slightly diffused form of confidence that almost borders on the uninspirational. Again...i realy love all of them and the have all a great meaning in my life and will never ever want to lose that feeling, but again Alex is the eye catcher in that one, it's her nature...and i have to say that i'm very supriced and dissapointed that theater productions and company's are not standing in line for her to return to the stage.

contractual issues ...yes the major reason why things that realy would create something magical...but in reality destroys it!!! And that issue will occure again when ever Alex decides to record a solo cd and if she wants to include songs like AMHWHA!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:00:05 PM by dutchfan » Logged
moscapoet
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »

It is my hope that CW will do a compilation DVD of the songs that have not made it onto one thus far. That could be from the various show recordings but also from the tours themselves where some songs have only been performed there. For me the very best version of Danny Boy was the four part harmony of the spring 2010 tour. same goes for Non Ce Piu.  The covers Alex did were certainly good as in one she was accompanied by M and the other by Nick. But for me no song better stated Alex than MHWHA. Artists have signature pieces during the course of their career and that song was certainly hers. I too hope that all of what she did with CW will make it onto a solo CD. I agree that I wish they had done more promo and video while Alex was with CW as Twitter cannot replace such things. But it wasn't until 2010 that CW really got on the promo and video bandwagon. Prior to that it was very scant save for the usual Paddy's Day in New York. Maybe Alex can do a home video and post it on her FB page or something.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Modified & Upgraded by Croco Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines